Formation of Regional Centres:
1. If at least twenty eligible Corporate Members of the Institute residing or practising or carrying on
business in one locality desire in a body, the formation of a Regional Centre of the Institute, the
Council shall, subject to the provisions of these clauses, authorise them to do so.
2. If some small Regional Centres, which are closely located in a particular zone, consider that it would
make them financially viable with the formation of a group amongst themselves to bolster their
activities such as arranging seminars, chemcons, factory visits, continuing educations, etc., then such
Regional Centres should seek for the permission of the Council in writing to do so. The arrangements
for administration and finance shall be intimated to the Council and any surplus resulting from such
an arrangement shall be shared with the Head Quarters, following a well-established norm set up by
Territorial limit of Regional Centres:
The Council in consultation with the Committee of each Regional Centre, shall have power to demarcate
definite territorial limits for their individual activity. Normally the territorial activity of each Centre shall
be restricted to an area equivalent to a circle of a radius of fifty kilometers. However, the Council at the
discretion, shall fix the radius based on the individual merits of the Regional Centres. No Regional Centre
shall be allowed to extend its activities beyond its territorial limits without written consent of the
Council. Such consent may be given only after due notice has been served on the Regions and areas
likely to be affected and the views of all those concerned heard and considered.
Objectives and activities:
The primary objective of Regional Centres shall be to promote and complement the objectives and
activities of the Institute within the Centre’s territorial limits. It shall also render all assistance possible
to the Headquarters of the Institute in professional matters relating to the Members of the Regional
Centre. The activities arranged by the Regional Centre in furtherance of the aims and objectives of the
Institute, may specifically include the following:
- To arrange Meetings and Conferences of the Regional Centre, to discuss problems of Chemical
Engineering and related fields of interest.
- To arrange Lectures, Counselling, Film Shows, etc., related to Chemical Engineering Profession.
- To arrange Seminars, Workshops and Symposia on the topics of interest to Chemical Engineers and
to promote interaction with other Regional Centres and organisations.
- To arrange for Refresher Courses on subjects of interest to the Chemical Engineering Profession.
- To arrange excursions and plant visits of interest to the Members of the Regional Centre.
- To extend the services which involve application of Chemical Engineering to rural development.
To institute and to operate Awards, Prizes, Scholarships and honoraria to promote the Chemical Engineering Profession.
To promote research in Chemical Engineering related subjects, publications of Books, Periodicals,
Technical Papers etc., for advancement of the profession of Chemical Engineering.
To assist and guide young Chemical Engineers in their career planning.
To promote any other activities of Social, Technical and Professional interest to the Members of the
Regional Centre, as will be decided from time to time.
Administration and Functioning of the Regional Centres:
The affairs of each Regional Centre shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Constitution
(Rules & Regulations)/Bye-laws as may be framed and approved by the Council from time to time.