Indian Institute Of Chemical Engineers is a confluence of streams of professionals from academia, research institute and industry. It provides them the appropriate forum for joint endeavors, hand-in-hand, to work for human being through application of chemical engineering and allied sciences. If you are interested about, attached to or involved in chemical engineering related activities – whether as a student as a seasoned professional - you shall find the programme of IICHE immensely beneficial, opening up doors of new possibilities and existing possibilities
Over the years the Institute has developed a distinct profile of its own. Even as the IIChE is always moulding itself and playing a proactive role to keep up with the ever changing needs of the society and the economy, the basic objectives remain largely unchanged since its inception. One may shortlist them as:
- To promote advancement of Chemical Engineering Science and draw up a code of ethics in the profession.
- To maintain and widen contacts with chemical engineering professionals in India and abroad
- ensure regular exchange of ideas with other national and international professional institutes in this field.
- To act as an authoritative body on matters pertaining to the teaching and the profession of chemical engineering.
- To conduct examinations and assist persons engaged in the industry to qualify as chemical engineer.
- To confer awards, diplomas and certificates to such persons as may be deemed fit.
- To undertake publication work, i.e., journal, monographs, proceedings of seminars/ symposia/ workshops
- to conduct meetings and transact business on administrative, academic and technical matters relating to the profession.